No matter what part of the country you call home, chances are the small business community is the heart of the region. Small business owners are responsible for the lion’s share of job creation in this country, making them valued employers and vital members of the local community.
In the 2015 calendar year alone, small businesses created some two million jobs. Without the hard work and dedication of small business owners, the economy would grind to a halt and millions of people would find themselves out of work. Here is a look at some of the top small business employers throughout the country.
Top Small Businesses in the West
The Western United States has long been a factory for business formation and job creation, and the area is still going strong. Here are some of the top small businesses in the West.
- Payette Brewing Company – Hailing from Idaho, Payette Brewing Company is known for its exceptionally fine adult beverages
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park – Sometimes the best small businesses are underground, and the Glenwood Springs Adventure Park in Colorado is a prime example
- ADDI Printing – ADDI Printing of Pearland, Texas is a U.S. Chamber of Commerce award winner and a major employer in the region.
- Abbeville Dentistry – The dental field is big business in the South, and Abbeville Dentistry of Lubbock, Texas is a major mover in the industry
Top Small Businesses in the Northeast
The Northeast is home to some of the oldest and most well-respected small businesses in the country. Here are some of the top small businesses throughout the region.
- A&E Audiology and Hearing Aid Center – The Northeast is a hotbed of activity for medical device makers, including A&E Audiology of Lititz, Pennsylvania
- Pat’s Pizzeria – Pizza is big business, and this Edgewood, Maryland company is well known for making the perfect pie.
- Bartolomeo & Perotto Funeral Home – Everyone will need these services someday, and this Rochester, New York funeral home is an area institution
- Censeo Consulting Group – Washington D.C. is filled with consultants, but the Censeo Consulting Group is one of the most famous and well respected.
- Noble Gas Solutions – This Albany, New York company is a regional institution and one of the area’s top employers.
Top Small Businesses in the Midwest
The Midwest region is a hotbed of activity for small businesses, including many U.S. Chamber of Commerce award winners. Here are some of the most respected businesses in the Mi
- Custom Alarm – A maker of alarm and security systems located in Rochester, Minnesota
- Capannari Ice Cream – Everyone loves a sweet treat, and this famous Mount Prospect, Illinois ice cream maker is a regional favorite
- Prairie Path Books – Even in the digital age, books are still big business, as evidenced by the success of Prairie Path Books of Wheaton, Illinois
- RCI Engineering, LLC – This thriving engineering firm is a staple of the Mayville, Wisconsin economy, and it is still going strong.
Top Small Businesses in the South
The South is known for its charm and hospitality, and for its thriving small business community. Here are some of the top small business employers in this growing region.
- Triangle Rock Club – Rock climbing is growing in popularity, and this Morrisville, North Carolina company is dedicated to teaching new climbers how to do it safely.
- Back Forty Beer Company – The microbrew industry is alive and well, and this Gadsden, Alabama company is thriving and serving more customers every year.
- LEAN Frog Business Solutions – This provider of business services is one of the most well respected companies in Huntsville, Alabama
- Sustainment Solutions Inc. – This engineering services firm provides support for businesses of all sizes, and it is located in the heart of Lancaster, Kentucky.
Small businesses remain the heart of America, and the engines of American jobs. No matter what the state of the economy, we rely on our small businesses to support our communities, employ our workers and help our towns and cities grow and thrive. The businesses on this list are truly the best of the best, and a fine representation of what American entrepreneurs can do.